11.12.15

Cut Both Ways, by @CarrieMesrobian

Will Caynes never has been good with girls. At seventeen, he’s still waiting for his first kiss. He’s certainly not expecting it to happen in a drunken make-out session with his best friend, Angus. But it does and now Will’s conflicted—he knows he likes girls, but he didn’t exactly hate kissing a guy.
Then Will meets Brandy, a cute and easy-to-talk-to sophomore. He’s totally into her too—which proves, for sure, that he’s not gay. So why does he keep hooking up with Angus on the sly?
Will knows he can’t keep seeing both of them, but besides his new job in a diner, being with Brandy and Angus are the best parts of his whole messed-up life. His divorced parents just complicate everything. His father, after many half-baked business ventures and endless house renovations, has started drinking again. And his mom is no help—unless loading him up with a bunch of stuff he doesn’t need plus sticking him with his twin half-sisters counts as parenting. He’s been bouncing between both of them for years, and neither one feels like home.
Deciding who to love, who to choose, where to live. Whichever way Will goes, someone will get hurt. Himself, probably the most.

Currently Reading: pg. 83

So. I'm falling asleep and want to keep reading Cut Both Ways by Carrie Mesrobian. I feel way too identified with this book. So. Identified. Fine, not that much. Mostly because the boy is the... uke. To call it that way.
By uke I mean the one on the bottom in gay relationships. I'm not like that, so it's kind of like looking at it from the other side. Plus, he's a dude, I'm not. Women are far more complicated and the social implications of everything fuck up your life at this age. Anyway, I'll copy this and paste it in a new post for Cut Both Ways, 'cause I'm rambling about it and this is Throne of Glass' post.
And there it is. Now I'll copy-paste the reason I don't keep fangirling.
FINE, I'M RAMBLING TOO MUCH. I'm exhausted. I had a really hard day from really early in the morning and didn't sleep shit last night. I'll get some sleep and come back in the morning.
Bye guys! *oo.51 am*
(Now's actually 00.55 am)
(1.01 am now and I'm looking around for some new books)


Okay, I'm back. I barely slept that night. And I got like, five new books. That was eleven days ago.
Now, this book follows Will Caines. His parents are divorced, his dad with some driking problems that were supposed to be over and his project to remodel the house that cause some huge problems. There's also his mother, with her new husband -I believe he's her husband, I don't remember exactly, and telling him to take care of her twin young daughters, and not treating him exactly the way a great mother would.
So, he's having a hard time. And then he gets drunk, and he's high and he makes out with his best friend. 'Where the hell did that came from?' You may be wondering. Well, Will is asking himself the same question. Why in hell does he enjoy so much kissing his absolutely gay best friend, Angus, and also kissing Brandy?
Hell, know the answer. Though it doesn't really matter.
Brandy! I don't like her. Anyway, she's a sophomore girl, younger than him (that's a problem to her in the beginning), that he starts paying more attention at. They actually move pretty fast, and start dating.
So how to deal with his father falling into pieces, his mother mistreating him badly, taking care of his little sister and try to decide what to do about the two people he may or may not love? Trying to understand why does he like being with a man and also being with a woman, and keeping it a secret from everyone, and dealing with this sudden feelings and his family, Will is having a really hard time.
Hope it ends up well, huh?
I like this book because the characters are so realistically complex, and the way they feel about things, and react to them, and their interactions and relationships with other character are that way, too.
Also, the writing is really good. It's an easy read, and I personally feel really identified with the plot. If you haven't been through any situation like these, not even close, and you're not empathetic and open-minded you won't like it. If you have, or you are, then you'll be able to love it among the rest of us.
I already read it. Now you need to go and pick it up right now.
Unless you're homophobic, of course. In that case I'd like to inform you I'm bisexual, and I still do some amazing reviews, laugh at your suffering and look damn great while doing it. We're just like any other fucking person. Put that inside your tiny tiny brain and believe it. Reading this book might help you open your mind a little bit.
This book gets...
four_star_rating
I really liked it!
xoxo
Malena Winderbaum

0 megjegyzés:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2015 Purple Turtle Webmagazine
| Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates