28.11.15

With Every Heartbeat, by @lindakage

*New Adult Romance*
**Explicit Scenes and Language**
I used to think everything was black and white, truth or lie, easy or hard, that if I could just escape my strict, overbearing, abusive father, my life would be perfect. But since I’ve found a reason to risk his wrath and leave, to help a friend in need, I’ve come to realize everything I thought I knew is wrong.
Friends have their own agenda, honesty comes with a dosage of lie, easy doesn’t even exist, keeping secrets sucks, and love...love is the most painful thing of all.
Maybe if Quinn Hamilton hadn’t asked me to skip classes for the day and help him pick out an engagement ring for my best friend, I wouldn’t have fallen for him so completely on that sunny Tuesday afternoon and I wouldn’t feel so conflicted. But I did, and I can’t take it back, no matter how hard I try. So I have to deal with the fact that even I’m not as good, or honest, or caring as I’d always thought I was, and no matter what I do next, someone’s going to get hurt. Probably me.
-Zoey Blakeland
*Don't worry! The hero and heroine are not cheaters.*
four_star_rating
I really liked it!
Fourth book in the Forbidden Men series, by Linda Kage. Again, the official Facebook group with the author herself is called ‘Forbidden Men Lovers’, in case you want to join. Plus, there are some really interesting, must-read information in Linda's website. You need to go to the 'Bookshelf', and then to the 'Forbidden Men Series Page'. Look for the small, blue link.
And yes, I copy-pasted this from the third book, right here. As you might have noticed if you read the previous books, I'm lazy and love copy-pasting.
So, this book. Wow, I'm quickly getting sick of this things, but I still have to do a huge-review for the seventh one, so I'll try to make this shorter. You may have noticed, I'm not particularly good at it.
I like this book. It'd more like a 3.5 stars, but whatever.
Quinn and... What's her name? Not Tinkerbell, and not Milk Tits, what was it? Zoey! Zoey's Milk Tits right? She's the one with the babies?
Oh, God. Of course I'm kidding you, did you really believe I would confuse them? Zoey is Blondie and Eva's Milk Tits. Booyah! Um. What the hell is that? Bazinga!* Now that's better.
Yeah. Not good at making it short.
So, if I loved the way last book's main relationship developped, this one I adored. Yes, I like friendzone-books, any problem with that?
I'm leaving! I'll post the next ones asap. Lucky for me, I ran out of time.
Sorry I didn't get to talk more about this one. Read this series! It's really worth it. Read To Professor, with Love too. And this one. The next one is my favorite, so I'm not kidding you it is worth it.
You're really going to like this series, and if you want to know more about Linda's writings I think it's somewhere in my post of Price of a Kiss. Or another post of this series. I don't know, don't be lazy and look for it! And you can love and adore Linda like the rest of us!
If you're actually reading this, Linda, you have no idea how thankful I am, and how much I love your books. I'm doing a huge effort to buy them, so I hope I'll get the money before the offer finishes *begging smile*. Thanks for reading this, and for your amazing books!
Don't laugh at me guys. Believe me, there's an actual possibility she does.
xoxo
Malena Winderbaum

0 megjegyzés:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2015 Purple Turtle Webmagazine
| Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates