11.12.15

The Girl's Got Secrets, by @lindakage

Here’s the same old “girl posing as a boy” story but with a rock-n-roll twist.
Remy Curran dreams of one day being in a band, except the group she wants to join refuses to hire a girl drummer. So, she auditions as a guy...and makes the cut.
Becoming “Sticks,” a member of Non-Castrato, isn’t quite what she dreamed it would be, though. She spends most of her time keeping up the subterfuge and learning how to walk, talk, act, and drink like a man.
But what’s even harder to deal with is acting oblivious when the band’s heartthrob lead singer, Asher Hart, treats her like one of the guys and not a woman. She never imagined he’d be so much more than a pretty face with a nice voice. But he’s better than perfect. He’s perfect for her.
When love and lies combine, Remy must keep up the act or lose everything. But who knew lying to reach one dream could prevent you from attaining an even bigger dream?
four_star_rating
I really liked it!
Seventh book in the Forbidden Men series, by Linda Kage. Again, the official Facebook group with the author herself is called ‘Forbidden Men Lovers’, in case you want to join.  Plus, there are some really interesting, must-read information in Linda’s website. You need to go to the ‘Bookshelf’, and then to the ‘Forbidden Men Series Page’. Look for the small, blue link.
And yes, I copy-pasted this from the sixth book, right here.
I'll re-read it and then upload the owed review, but to begin with, this book is absolutely not whatever you're imagining right now, so stop the prejudices already. Ok, I do that with books all the time, but that's not the point.
You won't expect what happens in this book. It's great, and I think Linda's writing only gets better with every book she writes. I still have to read her other series... (Yes, there are more series. Read 'em all!).
The plot is just awesome and the two characters are so special! They're unique, and amazing people. And damn surprising, that's sure.
Okay, I got inspired. A bit. I'll make it better really soon, sorry. I've been so fucking busy lately, I can't believe I didn't even have time to write a single freaking review.
Anyway... This book will surprise you, amaze you, make you fall in love and break your heart. And then again, and again, and again. Damnit, it's frustrating. You'll want to kick the characters heart, and then you'll think 'YES! THAT'S IT! DON'T LISTEN TO YOUR STUPID COMMON SENSE, GIRL! IT'S USELESS, GO WITH HIM!'.
By the way, why does everyone pay any attention to their common senses? It's useless. You guys must be bored really often, hahahaha. That goes for some characters I know too. Fuck you guys. No, seriously. Fuck already.
Anyway, I missed the point. But I think you can see just what this book does to you. It'll take your expectatives and throw them away so it can still keep getting better and better.
When I finish re-reading it and I'm on my fangirl-mode I'll write a probably-full-of-spoilers review in white letters... what's the above for under? Oh, below. Below this. I... think.
I'm Argentinian, have mercy! I always confuse the English word with the French one... Mercy. Weird. Like toilet.
Okay, totally rambling now. Sorry, I need to read for a couple hours and get some sleep. Having a conversation/learning Portuguese while having about six or seven conversations in Spanish while writing reviews and reading stuff in English blew up my brain. I need to find an Italian friend to learn some Italian... And convince my Hungarian friends to teach me Hungarian too. You may have noticed, I love learning new languages.
Stop rambling and go to sleep already! Malena, go. Get. Some. Sleep!
Oh, hey there common sense. I thought I had killed you.
I'll go to bed... and read for a while. Take that, common sense.
xoxo
Malena Winderbaum

0 megjegyzés:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2015 Purple Turtle Webmagazine
| Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates